Meet Bill Mew
Bill is a leading tech industry speaker, thought leader, campaigner and influencer. He is focused on making a real difference for the cloud sector in the UK. He’s not just a strategist though, he makes things happen.
Previously a global leader for the world’s top fintech firm (a $26Bn division of IBM) and currently a strategist for the UK’s top govtech firm (UKCloud), Bill is a prolific blogger and speaker on a variety of issues such as privacy, cloud, govtech and OpenStack. He is also one of the world’s top social media influencers on these topics, and offers strategic advice on competitive differentiation and also on content and influencer marketing.
Campaigner for Open Cloud
- Bill ran an OpenStack campaign for UKCloud that culminated in UKCloud winning the global OpenStack SuperUser award in May 2017 at the Boston OpenStack Summit – real global recognition for UKCloud and use of open cloud here in the UK. See:
- Bill has also written numerous articles championing OpenStack and Open Cloud. See:
- Getting your head round Cloud First and Cloud Native - Digital Leaders
- Lock-in starts to surpass security as main cloud concern - diginomica government
- The Egress Has Landed - “Doing battle with Cloud’s evil contracts and hostile hidden costs”
- When should you turn to open source cloud? (Bill quoted)
Campaigner for Privacy
- Bill has recently launched an internet TV series ‘Point of Privacy’ on Disruptive live – where he is the presenter, interviewing leading industry figures in the field of privacy – see Point of Privacy: Series 1 Episode 1 – Bill Mew interviews privacy campaigner Max Schrems and see Point of Privacy: Series 1 Episode 2 – Bill Mew interviews legal experts Frank Jennings and Eduardo Ustaran
- GDPR allows for the formation of NGOs to help enforce privacy. There is a real need for one to help the public bring cases against corporate giants that abuse their privacy. Max Schrems attempted to do this with a crowd funding campaign for NOYB (None of your Business). Bill was instrumental in helping Max and his team to reach their crowd funding target and the new NGO will now be going ahead in a few months’ time – in time to support the public when GDPR comes into force.
- Bill has also been a TV pundit as well. He has been interviewed a few times on topics like Privacy and Sovereignty, such as this one on RT UK News following the recent ‘Snoopers Charter’ ruling and again on GDPR
- Bill has also written articles championing a responsible approach to GDPR and focusing on issues related to Privacy Shield. See:
- Data Protection should be about Trust Rather than Fear | THINK Digital Partners
- Why data sovereignty matters - the looming privacy threat from the US DoJ and the Trump Administration - Diginomica
- Sinking SHiPS - Safe Harbour & Privacy Shield | THINK Digital Partners
- The EU / US Privacy Not-so-merry-go-round | THINK Digital Partners
- A Bright Multi-Cloud Future for Health Tech – with Privacy Front of Mind - Digital Leaders
Campaigner for Cloud use in the UK Public Sector and the important role that SMEs have to play
- In the face of stiff competition where some of UKCloud’s rivals like Datacentred have gone to the wall, Bill has helped UKCloud punch way above its weight, competing every step of the way with the global cloud giants and maintaining its market leading position on G-Cloud.
- Bill has also written numerous articles to hold the government to account in terms of progress on both the digital transformation agenda and SME agenda. See:
- The Digital Marketplace Contenders, 17: UKCloud On Why Cloud Aids The UK Taxpayer | THINK Digital Partners
- Learning to share: why with collective will, direction and agile delivery, shared services can revolutionise government
- Getting the Digital Revolution back on the rails - diginomica government
- The digital government path ahead - migration, transformation and automation - diginomica government http://bit.ly/2EqvUmA
- Only one cheer for the government’s public cloud endorsement - diginomica government
Campaigner for Multi-Cloud
- Bill has been behind the launch of UKCloud’s own multi-cloud proposition – providing a choice of cloud platforms to customers across the public sector and healthcare. See:
- Bill has also written numerous articles championing multi-cloud. See:
Proof Points and Testimonials
“90% of all content marketing gets NO reaction. That’s massive wasted effort and opportunity cost” - DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE
We are in a new era in which old marketing techniques are providing diminishing returns and a set of new disciplines are taking hold.
- Content Marketing requires great expertise and communications, typically in the form of writing skills to create blogs, papers and articles and presentation skill to convey insights remotely via audio or video or in person via coaching and keynote delivery.
- Influencer Marketing requires great reach to maximise amplification as well as connections to and influence over the other key influencers across the social spectrum.
- Social Selling requires the ability to sustain a compelling and relevant social persona as a means of creating relationships with key influencers and decision makers.